Choosing an MBA in the UK
How to choose the right business school
There are a number of different factors to consider when choosing to study an MBA in the UK and the right MBA programme and business school will vary for each student. Applicants will need to factor in personal work experience and educational grades, as well as preferred living location and budget.
The type of business school
The best MBA for someone with a strong professional and educational background with a large budget might be Oxford, Cambridge or Imperial College London, while the best fit for someone who has no or little work experience with a more limited budget may be De Montfort or University of East London.
The type of course
Even though the same fundamentals are taught on each MBA programme, no two are alike. You will need to ask yourself:
- Does this course give me the experience I am looking for?
- Does the programme include topics that are relevant to my career?
- Do I have the required dedication to successfully finish the MBA?
- Does the programme offer training and real life experiences as well?
The financial impact
An MBA is an expensive programme and students need to consider the financial impact. Ask yourself:
- Can I afford the fees?
- Will the living expenses, travel costs, and other expenses involved impose financial stress?
- Will I have to consider a loan to cover the costs?
- If I do take a loan, will I be able to manage the interest on the loan and how long will it be before I can repay it?
You need to assess if a particular MBA is feasible in terms of:
- Does the structure suit you?
- Is the MBA in your area or will you need to travel?
- Are the timings of the MBA convenient for you?
- Are you free to join the MBA on its start date?
Why study an MBA in the UK?
Studying an MBA in the UK can vastly improve the prospects and quality of your career, enabling you to reach your ultimate potential in the business world.
The MBA is an international qualification that is well-respected by employers around the world and there are hundreds of business schools and an equal number of diverse programmes available to those who wish to obtain an MBA qualification.
Apply to study an MBA
Once you have considered the above questions in relation to the different MBA’s available, we can help determine which is the right fit for your future. Arrange a free consultation to get started.